Saturday 29 September 2007

New Caravan Club Site Opens + other news

On the 23rd September this new caravan site opened its gates. We had a look around on Sunday afternoon, the facilities are super, but we were surprised that there was little in the way of energy saving in the toilet block.




The Centenary Garden. This year is the Caravan Club's centenary.



On Tuesday evening Sue and I went down to the 'Bikes on Poole Quay' for the final get together of 2007. At the same time was there was the final of finals for the best bike of the year. This was won by an old BSA Gold Star. Here are one or two of the contenders.


Scarey stuff!



Sorry about this one, but I thought it was funny.



The whole of the quay is blocked off except to the bikes taking part. I estimated about 500+ bikes, on a very good night in the summer it has reached 1000+.



Everyone who takes part has to pay £1 (I think) and most of the proceeds go to charity.



I was on a ramble in the north of the New Forest on Wednesday and spied this old building with this picture in a frame attached to the outside. An interesting photo I thought. Oh well!







No comments: