Sunday 8 April 2007

Easter Sunday

During the year I had read a book The Forest by Edward Rutherford, it's a fascinating book especially if you know anything about the New Forest.
Anyway in the book is mention of a 'crinkle crankle wall' so after Googling for this item found it is also called a Serpentine Wall. This great name had stuck with me for some time so I had to see one.
With a little bit of research I found that there was one at Dean's Court, Wimborne (10 miles from here). Today they opened the gardens to the public so off Sue and I went. The crinkle crankle wall is part of the walled kitchen garden. It is believed to be the longest wall of its type in the country and was built in the 18th Century by French prisoners from the Napoleonic wars.




The rear of Dean's Court.




Dorset cream teas - we couldn't resist. Diet - what diet?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos Stuart. You do get around you two!